Generator Installation | Photo Gallery
Generac recommends their automatic standby power systems be installed by an authorized Generac dealer. When you work with Murphy Electrical Construction, Inc., you can rest assured that all local, state and national electrical codes will be followed, as will national plumbing codes in making all fuel connections. The result will be a safe, reliable installation you can count on when the power goes out.
This is not some huge corporation that doesn't keep appointments and their word. You get the owner of the business (me) on every single job from the initial meeting for an estimate to the completed install and handshake. When you work with me on an installation you will be kept in the loop and not in the dark. I personally will be keeping you updated every step of the way via phone, email or in person.
Murphy Electrical Construction, Inc. can order your new Generac generator and have it delivered in 7-14 days (lead times may vary due to demand from severe weather events).
- In typical installations the generator pad is located and installed prior to generator delivery. There are two pads available and a combination of the two may be used depending on the install. The first would be a 5,000PSI precast concrete pad that measures 54"x 32"x 4" (Wind load rated to 150MPH). This pad is sealed with a non toxic, water based penetrating Polyester sealant to keep it looking nice for years to come. It is not cheap at $50+gal, but I believe it's worth doing. Your generator would be fastened to this with stainless steel hardware. The pad itself would sit on a bed of pea gravel. The second pressure treated pad option is specially made from 6"x 6" Incised Hemlock ties rated for contact with the ground (no Arsenic in case you were wondering) and can last up to 40yrs. The pad is then filled with the Generac specified 5" of native pea stone for drainage. This pressure treated option is mainly used if there is a large slope in grade and the pad needs to be cut into the hill so there is a nice level base that the generator can sit.
- The automatic transfer switch can then be installed and wired to your essential circuits or managed whole house installation which you would have previously selected. The electrical conduit will then be installed from the transfer switch to the generator pad location.
- The gas piping will then be installed and rough inspected by the town plumbing/gas inspector.
- Upon arrival of the generator, the unit it set in place and final electrical connections are made.
- The final gas connection to the generator can then be done and final gas inspection approved.
- After online registration of the unit an authorization code enables the generator to run in automatic mode and the warranty period starts.
- The generator can then be thoroughly checked for proper operation including a static gas WC test and voltage/frequency test. The previous tests including an amperage test are done again under load conditions to verify proper operation.
- Final electrical inspection by the town is then performed and approved.
I am a factory trained and certified technician and stock Generac parts and maintenance kits, ensuring that your installation goes as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Please see the pics below taken from installs I have done. Some are before and after photos and some will just be the finished product. I just started going through my older photos, so....
More to come!