Generac recommends their automatic standby power systems be installed by an authorized Generac dealer.
When you work with Murphy Electrical Construction, Inc., you can rest assured that all local, state and national electrical & plumbing codes will be followed, and work inspected.
The result will be a safe, reliable installation you can count on when the power goes out.
This is not some huge corporation that doesn't keep appointments or their word. You get the owner of the business on every single job from the initial meeting (possibly virtual) for the estimate to the completed install and bow (it would seem handshakes are a thing of the past). When you work with me on an installation you will be kept in the loop and not in the dark. I will personally keep you updated every step of the way via phone, text or email.
Murphy Electrical Construction, Inc. can order your new Generac generator, and have it delivered in 7-14 days (lead times may vary due to demand from severe weather events).
- In typical installations the precast concrete GenPad (Hurricane Rated) is located and leveled prior to generator delivery. For most installations where the generator is in stock, it would then be set in place and bolted down to the GenPad.
- Any trenching would be done at this point from the house to the generator. Since generators need to be a minimum of 5' from any point of the house that could let in CO, a short trench is always required. This minimum distance is the same no matter what brand generator it is. This is governed by NFPA 37 which is the "Standard for the Installation and Use of Stationary Combustion Engines and Gas Turbines”.
- The automatic transfer switch can be installed and wired to your essential circuits or managed whole house installation which you would have previously selected.
- The electrical feeder/control wiring can then be run from the automatic transfer switch to the generator and connections made.
- The gas piping will then be installed by the plumber and inspected (using a pressure test) by the town plumbing/gas inspector. Only Poly pipe and rigid risers are used in the ground. The utility company uses these for a reason. Because they last! Try putting black iron in the ground and dig it up 5 or 10yrs later.
- After the on-line registration/activation of the unit, an authorization code enables the generator to run in automatic mode and the warranty period starts.
- The generator can then be thoroughly checked for proper operation including a static gas WC test and voltage/frequency test. The previous tests including an amperage test is also done.